Everyone in 拉斯维加斯 has had at least one picnic ruined by 黄色的夹克. Whether they’re defending a nest or swarming over your backyard barbeque, most people can recognize this species instantly. Yellow jackets are a type of wasp, 和 their stings can be deadly. By underst和ing the behavior of 黄色的夹克, 和 黄蜂 in general, you can minimize the risk of getting stung. Protect your yard, yourself, 和 你的家人 from harm!
Late Summer Wasp Behavior in 拉斯维加斯
Both 黄色的夹克 和 黄蜂 hatch in spring, 在仲夏和夏末, their populations are beginning to outgrow the nest, 冬天来了. Because they’re close to the end of their lifecycle, they are more aggressive than ever. Yellow jackets also look for both sugar substances 和 protein, looking for extra resources to support themselves 和 the nest itself. The 黄色的夹克 are forced to look even further for food because of their high numbers.
Here are some basic sources of wasp attraction:
- Your picnic or backyard barbecue: 黄色的夹克 will eat anything they can l和 on, 和你的汉堡包, 苏打水, 和 watermelon are ideal food sources for 黄蜂.
- Clothing: bright colors look like fruit, 和 perfume can mimic flowers.
- Eaves 和 holes: if you see a yellow jacket nest early in spring, 它仍然很小, 请专业人士把它移除. Wasps aren’t going anywhere unless you kick them out!
- Your swimming pool: believe it or not, 黄蜂 love swimming pools. All 黄蜂 和 bees need water, 和 they will use your pool to get it!
- Hummingbird feeders: 黄色的夹克 are desperate for food, 和 they will drink the sugar water in bird feeders.
- Grubs in your lawn: this may be surprising, but because of their intense need for protein in late summer, 黄蜂 will also graze for grubs within your lawn.
The following tips are excellent year-round, but they are especially important in late summer.
- If you’re having a cookout or backyard event, make sure food stays contained or covered. Any drinks should be covered at all times, because 黄蜂 will go inside a cup or can.
- Don’t wear perfume if you’re going to be outdoors for a considerable amount of time, 尽量少用亮色.
- 在春天, 确保你检查了所有的洞, 洞穴, 屋檐, 和 loose siding or stucco around your home.
- Seal any holes, loose siding, stucco voids, or other potentially attractive spaces for nests.
- 挂wasp-trap. Be sure to hang it away from any high-traffic areas, 和 away from the house.
- Don’t hang it near your hummingbird feeder, or consider placing your hummingbird feeder away from your house.
- If 黄蜂 are a serious problem, you may need to remove the hummingbird 给料机完全.
- Don’t walk barefoot through the grass. Wasps 和 黄色的夹克 love hunting for grubs 和 other insects.
- Eliminate sources of st和ing water, 和 cover your swimming pool.
预防是关键. If 黄蜂 can’t find shelter or food around your home, they won’t want to be there!
Professional Removal for Wasps 和 Yellow Jackets
Sometimes it’s not enough to prevent 黄色的夹克, 到了夏末, 你可能有严重的问题. 叫一个专业 虫害控制公司! The trained technicians with Western Exterminator 虫害控制 can inspect your property 和 remove wasp nests safely. Because we focus on prevention instead of just treatment, we’ll be able to give you specific recommendations on how to prevent 黄蜂 in the future, 保护你的家, 你的家人, 和你的后院!
Why are Yellow Jackets So Aggressive in Late Summer? 在内华达州拉斯维加斯
Serving 拉斯维加斯 - 亨德森 Metro Area